The County Treasurer occupies an important role in the fiscal operations of the County.
The legislature shall prescribe the duties and provide for the election by the qualified voters of Aransas County the Treasurer, who shall have an office at the County Courthouse and hold their office for a four year term.
The County Treasurer is the County’s banker and investment officer and as custodian of County finances shall:
- - Receive all monies belonging to the County from whatever source
- - Keep and account for all monies in a designated depository
- - Pay and apply or disburse all monies in such a manner as Commissioners’ Court may direct, consistent with the law
Additional duties of the Aransas County Treasurer include:
- - Processing the County’s payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- - Administration of the County’s Indigent Health Care program
- - Administration of the County’s Assistance programs
- - Administration of the Collections of Hotel Occupancy and Venue Taxes
- - Administration of the County’s Unclaimed Funds
- - Approve and monitor Charge Account Customers at the Aransas County Transfer Station